Interleukin-18 (IL-18) is a member of the IL-1 superfamily and synthesized as an inactive precursor that requires processing by caspase-1 to become an active cytokine. IL-18 plays a major role in the production of interferon-γ (IFN-γ) from T cells and natural killer cells. Refresh your memory by reviewing a couple of previous blog posts.
MBL offers various human, mouse and rat antibodies for IL-18 that can be used for multiple applications.
|D044-3M2||Anti-IL-18 (Human) mAb (Functional Grade)||125-2H||Mouse IgG1κ||100 μg/100 μL||IP, NT|
|D048-3M2||Anti-IL-18 (Human) mAb (Functional Grade)||93-10C||Rat IgG1||100 μg/100 μL||IP, NT|
|D043-3||Anti-IL-18 (Human) mAb||25-2G||Mouse IgG1κ||100 μg/100 μL||WB, IH*|
|D044-3||Anti-IL-18 (Human) mAb||125-2H||Mouse IgG1κ||100 μg/100 μL||IP, ELISA, NT, IC*|
|D045-3||Anti-IL-18 (Human) mAb||159-12B||Rat IgG2a||100 μg/100 μL||IP|
|D045-6||Anti-IL-18 (Human) mAb-Biotin||159-12B||Rat IgG2a||25 μg/50 μL||ELISA|
|PM014||Anti-IL-18 (Human) pAb||Polyclonal||Rabbit IgG||100 μL||WB, IH|
|M156-3||Anti-pro-IL-18 (Human) mAb||43A11||Mouse IgG1 κ||100 μg/100 μL||WB|
|D046-3||Anti-pro-IL-18 (Human) mAb||39-3F||Rat IgG2a||100 μg/100 μL||WB, Function|
|D047-3||Anti-pro-IL-18 (Human) mAb||74||Rat IgG2a||100 μg/100 μL||WB*, IP|
|D048-3||Anti-pro-IL-18 (Human) mAb||93-10C||Rat IgG1||100 μg/100 μL||IP, NT|
|D048-6||Anti-pro-IL-18 (Human) mAb||93-10C||Rat IgG1||50 μL||ELISA|
|M157-3||Anti-IL-18 (Rat) mAb||21A12||Mouse IgG2b κ||100 μg/100 μL||WB|
|M158-3||Anti-IL-18 (Rat) mAb||91D8||Mouse IgG2b κ||100 μg/100 μL||IP|
In this blog, we would like to introduce a neutralization method using our IL-18 antibodies. There are many citations where D044-3 (for human) and D048-3 (for mouse) antibodies are used for neutralization studies. As a result, we have received many requests for bulk orders without glycerol for these particular antibodies. In order to meet researchers needs, we have produced anti-IL-18 functional grade (D044-3M2 and D048-3M2) monoclonal antibodies. Accordingly there is no need for a special order or waiting for antibody preparation. You can order functional grade IL-18 mAb and start neutralization experiments quickly! These antibodies are supplied in neutral solutions without any preservatives, and the endotoxin levels are lower than 0.5/EU mg antibody, as determined by the LAL assay in our QC tests. You can add it into cell culture without worry.
When you add the anti-IL-18 monoclonal antibody into the solution containing IL-18 protein, it will neutralize the activity of IL-18 protein, resulting in suppressed production of IFN-γ in KG-1 (acute myeloid leukemia) cells. This method has been confirmed in our QC tests.
Moreover, the following citations for neutralization use MBL antibodies.
- Anti-IL-18 (Human) mAb (D044-3)
- Nussbaumer O et al., Blood. 118, 2743-51 (2011) (PMID: 21673342)
- Tu Z et al., J Exp Med. 205, 233-44 (2008) (PMID: 18195076)
- Sugawara S et al., J Immunol. 167, 6568-75 (2001) (PMID: 11714826)
- Anti-IL-18 (Mouse) mAb (D048-3)
- Kahlenberg JM et al., J Immunol. 190, 1217-26 (2013) (PMID: 23267025)
- Matsunaga H et al., Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 301, G555-64 (2011) (PMID: 21719737)
- Humann J, Lenz LL., J Immunol. 184, 5172-8 (2010) (PMID: 20351186)
- Chaix J et al., J Immunol. 181, 1627-31 (2008) (PMID: 18641298)
- Beadling C and Slifka MK., Blood 105, 1179-86 (2005) (PMID: 15471952)
- Wang SZ et al., J Immunol. 173, 4040-9 (2004) (PMID: 15356153)
- Malmgaard L and Paludan SR., J Gen Virol. 84, 2497-500 (2003) (PMID: 12917471)
- Fukao T et al., J Immunol. 164, 64-71 (2000) (PMID: 10604994)
If you are interested in IL-18 neutralization, you can start quickly and easily by using our products and these citations.